Vehicular Adapter AN/VRC-94D for the PRC-117

SOLD --- When I purchased this unit it was basically new/old stock. It has a large power cable to connect to the 12 or 24 volt DC source. The 24 volts DC is converted to 13.6 volts DC to run the radio which is 12-13.6 volt only.

It was originally meant to be paired with the PRC117D(C) so I am unsure of if there are any significant differences with the PRC117D(E) that I have and if it affects operation with the vehicular adapter. My E model has software version 30C which is a fairly late model as far as I know. When invoking the self test mode the radio's display can indicate failure A08 or A12. A08 is a receiver issue but the receiver appears to operate fine as seen in the two videos.  If the radio is removed from the adapter and placed on battery power the A08 error is no longer displayed. A12 indicates an RF cable problem for the coax cables to the RF Power Amp but I've checked the cables and found no issues. The power amp was tested as outputting 45 watts on UHF but later it stopped working. The adapter will function properly without the 50W amplifier connected. I will see if the amp is repairable.

The large module on the right is the 50W amplifier.


When connecting to the power amp's connector "J2 RT Whip Port" a supplied adapter is required to convert the whip antenna port to a BNC connector.













A peek inside to see where the fuses are hidden. They are inline with the Negative wire and located in the bottom compartment.


The switching power supplies are located behind the heatsink in the back


I ran a transmit test at 263.925 MHz FM with the PRC-117 docked in the adapter and measured 45 Watts out. The Astron power supply read 24v at a little under 4 Amps. The RF Amp should develop rated power in AM too but I don't have a good way to measure that.





Small user manuals to keep in the vehicle




Below are some index pages from the very large 3 ring binder supplied with the adapter. It includes documentation of the PRC-117D(C)











LS-454/U speaker that I have for the adapter



Hand microphone that I have for the adapter






Comments

  1. Is this Vehicular Adapter AN/VRC-94D for the PRC-117…
    The cables and booklets available for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you a text to the number in your last message

      Delete
  2. Yes it is for sale. Includes cables and all documents. You can message me contact info and I will keep the message unpublished. The battery charger has sold. It was marked as such in the main list but not the individual description so I fixed that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They will be approved soon!

Popular posts from this blog

My PRC-117D(E) and collection of accessories

Battery Charger, Battery Eliminator and Batteries for the PRC-117